See more performance pics on my flickr page.
I have been presenting text-based work for stage, screen and sidewalks since 1993. Highlights include intense and inventive collaborative projects with some wonderful and wonderfully talented people: award-winning translator Susanne de Lotbinière-Harwood; femme de ménage extraordinaire Louise Dubreuil; ambient music composer Gordon Allen (Sanguine); formative women’s-improv-collective Playgroup; incisive anarchic poet Vince Tinguely (with our duo, Officious Little Students); and the motley quintet Fluffy Pagan Echoes – who made a whole scene rumble in Montreal between 1994 and 1996.
In 1997, I was awarded a Canada Council grant to produce a full-length solo spoken word show. SPLIT and its successor SPLIT: One Year Later were performed in several mutations, and locations, between 1998 and 2003.
This hour-long series of poetic and narrative texts performed through storytelling, sound and movement, chronicled personal and institutional relationships to uncover the connections and contradictions inherent within them and ourselves (and the many parts of one’s “self”).
SPLIT Performance History
- April 2003: Bar Open, Babble, Melbourne, AU
- October 2002: Galapagos, Impure Book Launch, Brookly, NY
- October 2000: MAI, Solofest, Montreal, QC
- June 2000: Saw Gallery, Detonator, Ottawa, ON
- June 2000: Teatro Arka, InterAzioni Performance Festival, Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
- April 2000: Galerie Dare-Dare, Split: Performance and solo Exhibition, Montreal, QC
- February 2000: Théâtre La Chapelle, INTER2000; Colloque des Pratiques Interdisciplinaires en Art, Montreal, QC
- February 1999: Richmond Art Gallery, Valentines Day Tea, Richmond, BC
- February 1999: Open Space, Uno Festival of Solo Performance, Victoria, BC
- December 1998: Galerie La Centrale, Mois De La Performance, Montreal, QC